Monday, May 30, 2011

Puzzles and Pieces and NYC

CI'm sitting in the parking lot of my favorite sushi restaurant in town waiting on some friends to join me. I don't know if it's my cold or the changing season but nostalgia is heavy on my heart right now. As I write this, a song lyric is screaming in my head-"I think I've finally got it figured out, everyone needs someone they can keep around." (canopy climbers)
I've never been one to get emotional when a friend leaves because I've always known that there is possibility to see them again. But this time feels different. I think I've grown in the aspect of relationships this past year(and I know I have more to grow) but damn this hurts. Everything about this town is them. They are my past, and my present, and I can't imagine not having them in my future. It's enough to make me want to beg on the streets to make the $800 a month I would need to join them in the big apple. I know it's not my time to go yet, but I wish it were.

There is a season for everything. God better have something big planned for me this year. I know He has my best interests at heart but I'm still going to miss this little family that I've made. Hillary, Annie, Brian, Grace(who already left me;), and now Emily, you are the best brightest parts of my life and I WILL see you again. Soon. I love you guys more than you know and I can't wait to see what your lives will become.

Cheers to making a new family and new experiences.



1 comment: